When I am reading a Lime book I am learning to…
- Use my knowledge of prefixes such as un- and dis- to help me understand the meaning of new words
- Give reasoned opinion and compare similar texts
- Tell what the writer is trying to say even when it is inferred using the text as evidence
- Summarise the content of a text
You can help me by….
- Encourage me to use intonation and expression when reading
- Asking me questions such as…
- Does this story remind you of any others? Why?
- Which characters do you like/dislike? Why?
- Why did the character do….?
- How do you think the character feels?
- Where did they?
- Can you retell the story in your own words?
- What does this word mean?
- What do you think will happen next? Where you correct or not? Why?