When I am reading a Pink book I am learning to…
- Find the title on the front cover
- Read from left to right
- Point to each word and sound it out carefully
- Know the difference between a letter and a word
- Recognise and read my key words
- Join in with a story
- Link what I have read to my own experiences
You can help me by….
- Encouraging me to sound out each word carefully
- There might be some sounds I haven’t come across yet because I am still learning my Phase 2 sounds.
- If there is one I don’t know you can help me by telling me what sound it makes so I can try to read the word.